Our practice hosts the following services and clinics:
- Additional InformationAntenatal clinics are run by the midwife at the Surestart Centre Meadowside School in Burton Latimer. Your doctor will refer you to the midwife when your pregnancy is confirmed. Alternatively, if you perform a positive home pregnancy test, you may make your own appointment to see the midwife. Telephone reception to make your booking.
- Additional InformationThese clinics are run by the practice nurse qualified in this field. We offer regular review of treatment and instruction in inhaler use and self-help.
- Additional InformationReminders for these tests are sent to women's homes directly from the Primary Care Trust. Upon receipt, please telephone and make an appointment with the practice nurse.
Child Health Clinics
- Additional InformationThese are run by the health visitors on Thursday mornings at Burton Latimer and Monday afternoon at Finedon. You can have your baby weighed and discuss baby's progress and any problems you may have. Please contact the health visitors to arrange an appointment.
- Additional InformationA service called 'Changing Minds' is offered at this surgery. Your doctor can offer to refer you to a specially trained nurse who can see you at the surgery. Your doctor can offer to refer you to a specially trained nurse who can see you at the surgery to help with a range of issues related to mental wellbeing.
- Additional InformationThese clinics are run by the practice nurse qualified in this field. All diabetic patents on our register are invited for annual checks. Regular review of diabetic control is encouraged, as good control of diabetes helps avoid long-term complications.
- Additional InformationA full range of services is offered during normal surgery appointments; please ask your doctor or practice nurse for advice. Emergency contraception is available after discussion with a doctor or nurse.
- Additional InformationThese are available to all patients on request. They include lifestyle assessments and advice.
- Additional InformationDr Spencer is qualified to perform certain surgical procedures in our specially equipped minor operations suite. Your doctor will advise you where this may be appropriate.
- Additional InformationThis service is obtained either via a referral from the doctor or by self-referral to the hospital. Appointments are sent directly to the patient by the physiotherapy department at Kettering General Hospital. A private physiotherapist also operates from the surgery.
Stop Smoking Clinic
- Additional InformationFor patients wishing to stop smoking, we would recommend the NHS Stop Smoking Service on 0845 601 3116.
- Additional InformationPrivate medical examinations can be performed by the doctors at the surgery for which a fee is payable. These include insurance, HGV, PSV, pre-employment and sports medical examinations. Other private services include holiday cancellation and 'fitness to travel' forms. Details of fees are available from reception.
To attend one of these clinics please ring our reception on 01536 723566.