Back to News
Medical Centre Improvements
Posted on 20 Oct 2020
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we have seen a huge increase in patients contacting the surgery via the phone.
Previously patients would make appointments online, over the phone or face to face. Due to NHS England guidance, online appointments have been suspended and we have seen a decrease in patients visiting the surgery. This has meant that the vast majority of our patients are now trying to contact us via the phone. We understand that this has resulted in a higher than average wait on the phone.
We wanted to reassure our patients that we are still open for business and have been all throughout this pandemic.
To reduce the spread of the virus we have had to limit face to face contact where possible and this has resulted in more consultations over the phone. This has been a flexible and more convenient way to receive healthcare for many of our patients but If you feel you would prefer to see a Clinician then it can be discussed in your consultation.
What we have done so far.
· Increased the number of telephone lines into the surgery
· Increased the number of people handling the calls during peak times
· Invested in consultation technology such as headsets and webcams for our clinicians.
What you could do to help the surgery.
· Only contact the surgery if you really need to.
· Speak to a chemist first regarding medication queries or minor illness
· Order repeat medication via the NHS app or our website
· If you have a phone appointment, be ready to receive the call. We have seen an increase of missed calls where patients have not answered their phones.
· Call 111 or go online to seek advice http://111.nhs.uk
· Do not attend the surgery if you have symptoms of coronavirus or are self-isolating.