Flu vaccinations are now available to book at Burton Latimer Medical Centre.
Flu criteria for this season are as follows;
- Patients aged 65 and over.
- Patients aged 18 to 64 years of age in a clinical at risk group such as those with:
- Chronic (long-term respiratory disease) such as severe asthma.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or bronchitis
- Chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- Chronic kidney disease at stage three, four or 5
- chronic neurological disease, such as Parkinson's disease or motor neurone disease
- Learning Disability
- Splenic dysfunction or asplenia
- A weakened immune system due to disease (such as HIV/AIDS) or treatment (such as cancer treatment to morbidly obese (defined as BMI or 40 and above)
- All pregnant women (including those who become pregnant during the flu season.
- Those who are in receipt of a carer's allowance, or who are the main Carer of an older or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if the Carer falls ill.
2023 Clinic Dates
- Saturday 30th September
- Thursday 5th October
- Thursday 12th October
- Saturday 14th October
We are still waiting for further information regarding COVID-19 vaccination dates. Once we have more information we will publish it here and we will contact the relevant patients via text, phone call or letter.
More information regarding the above risk groups is available by visiting the follow websites.
Over 65s - NHS website
British Lung Foundation
British Heart Foundation
General NHS Flu Infomation