Burton Latimer Medical Centre Easy Read Privacy Notice
Surgeries, like Burton Latimer Medical Centre have to keep information about people. It is law that the companies must keep this information safe and secure.
This is called a Privacy Notice.
This privacy notice explains how we use any information we collect about you, how you can tell us if you prefer to change the way that we use your information and your rights about the information we have about you.
Your rights about your personal information
Information about you that we may keep
Burton Latimer Medical Centre will keep information about you to make sure that we can take the very best care of you.
Burton Latimer Medical Centre might keep information such as:
- Your basic details e.g. name, address, date of birth, emergency contact
- How we support you
- Your likes and dislikes
- Details about your health (which we keep extra safe)
- Information about your health that we will keep
Burton Latimer Medical Centre will use your health information to:
- Choose the support, care, and services that you might need
- Keep you safe and healthy
- Help you find the right treatment
Burton Latimer Medical centre must follow the law when collecting, storing, or sharing information about you.
How we keep your information safe
Burton Latimer Medical Centre will always keep your information private and safe.
The only people that we will let see your information are:
- People with permission like a member of your family who will support and help you to understand your records.
- People who have the right to see it by law
- People or organisations who may have a legal reason to see your information
- Parts of the health and care system, such as your other health professionals, social workers, or pharmacy staff
- Your local council.
- The policy or security services.
How long we keep your information for:
- The amount of time we keep your information will be in line with how long the law says we must keep it for, and the rules set by other organisations.
- The amount of time we keep your information will depend on why it was needed in the first place.
Or we will follow a Data Retention Policy, this will tell us how long we keep your information.
You have these rights when it comes to your information:
- the information we keep about you is yours.
We will make sure it is kept private and is only used properly.
You can ask to see a copy of the information we have about you.
If you think the information, we have about you is wrong, or has parts missing, you can ask us to correct it.
If you think we have information about you that is no longer needed you can ask us to delete it. (But we will not be able to delete it if the law says it is still needed)
You can ask us to stop some of the ways that we use your information, even if you do not want your information deleted.
You can ask us to delete your information by withdrawing consent (consent is when you gave us the permission to use your information).
You can ask us not to use your information for legitimate interests (This means we have a clear reason or goal for doing something).
If we cannot do what you have asked us to do, or you need help then you can contact the Practice on 01536 723566.
If you are not happy in any way with how we have handled your information, then you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Call their helpline on 0303 123 1113